Thursday, January 30, 2014

MTM - Monkeys Temples, Markets (and a Palace)

We stopped in Mysore specially to see the Palace. I had no expectations what would be at the Palace - seen plenty through the trip... Oh my goodness! I walked around a corner into the main chamber and had to close my gaping jaw! Unfortunately no photos allowed inside but we bought some postcards and I've included a couple of scans here. Doesn't do the place justice. If I had been living here you would have had to drag me out screaming, before I would give it up. Intricate stained glass of peacocks in all their beautiful green/blue hues, souring ceilings held up by massive cast iron pillars painted in turquoise blue and gold leaf, finely carved teak doors and ceilings, walls painted with murals of the kings expeditions and expositions, rooms commonly 20m x 120m...

 Silver door (sorry can't seem to rotate the pic)
 The central chamber with stained glass peacock ceiling
 Decorative pillar work
 Large rooms...

No comments:

Post a Comment